Thursday 2 April 2009

How Heavy This Axe?!

The Sword are awesome! This is a cold, hard fact.


I got a text from my mate Jason last Sunday telling me he had a spare ticket to see them. Up until that point I hadn’t heard The Sword. I didn’t even bother checking out their myspaz before leaving for the show. I met up with Jase in the Intrepid Fox for a couple pre-show pints with his equally awesome friend Dingus.

All three of us went to the show and had a bitchin’ time! The Sword really fucking delivered in a big way. I won’t go into too much detail as my review of the show at The Borderline Club will be up on the Crossfire website and on here any day now.

Speaking of Crossfire, I bumped into Zac at the gig who was brimming over with excitement about the show and totally stoked that he was doing the press for such a rad band and saw that I was visibly stoked too. He offered to send me the first two albums and I was quick to take him up on his offer.

Commeth Wednesday and a package hits my door step. The First Two Sword albums as promised. I have been listening to these guys nonstop. Despite how amazing the records are they still cannot match the sheer power and volume these guys project in a live environment.

If any of you out there are planning on seeing Metallica anytime soon, get down to the venue early and catch these guys live. You will not be disappointed.

I strongly urge you to pick up ‘Gods Of The Earth’ & ‘Age Of Winters’ now! I’ll have a review of these albums up soon.

Until then, get this down you Gregory peck!

No comments:

Post a Comment